Wednesday, September 3, 2014

F is for Friends That Do Stuff Together


When I wrote up my original bucketlist, I was planning on stopping at one of those trucks that happen to show up on street corners from time to time.

Last week, we went to the Provo Food Truck Roundup with our friends McClain and Katie. This is one of the best ideas that Provo has ever had. Every week, a parking lot strip in south Provo fills its vacancy with greasy, cholesterolly, sugary deliciousness from the best food truck vendors. The options ranged from burritos (classic) to waffles to pizza to barbecue to freshly blended smoothies all the way to gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches. I don't know how I wasn't aware of this before! It was a really fun way to celebrate summer coming to a close. We browsed around for a bit and ultimately we all chose to indulge in Sweeto Burrito with a few drinks and sides from other trucks.
Coincidentally, Morgan and I were in the middle of a Harry Potter marathon that week; as were McClain and Katie! We were only scenes away from each other in Deathly Hallows Part 1 so we headed back to our place to finish up the series and eat our burritos with some chocolate chip cookies* for dessert.


All in all, it was an awesome way to check off another bucketlist item and way more fun than I thought it would be! Who knew Provo could be so awesome?




* I found the secrets to amazingly chewy and thick and delicious cookies! Melt the butter, replace 2 tablespoons of flour with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, and 3:1 ratio of brown sugar to confectioners. Best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made. NOM NOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment